New Labor Market Data available - Higher Wages, Vacation, Flexible Hours Could Attract Workers
Iowa Falls Area Development hosted a Lunch-and-Learn on April 26th for area employers and Human Resource Managers. Katie Lippold, Labor Market Research Economist for Iowa Workforce Development presented results from a recent labor shed study.
Lippold reported that according to a recent survey of Iowa Falls employers, 61.6% of the people who work in Iowa Falls also live here. While the remaining 38.4% live in surrounding communities. She also reported that in a survey of workers the number one benefit they want to receive is vacation. This is a change from the past when health, pension and dental were at the top of the list.